Recipe by Parvulus
This recipe requires an ice cream machine, folks. Also, as always, I HIGHLY recommend you use the Greek yogurt "Fage" for this recipe due to its thickness. If you prefer large pieces of strawberries in your ice cream, do not puree the berries.
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed and pureed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the milk and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved (about 1 to 2 minutes on low speed).
- Stir in the yogurt, berry puree and vanilla.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- NOTE: The ice cream gets very hard if it is put into a container in the freezer. I put it in a plastic bowl. You may want to defrost it in the microwave for a wee bit before enjoying.