Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
fast and healthy stir fry recipe
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb sirloin or 1 lb top round beef, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 4 green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the pan or wok on high heat. Add 3/4 of the sesame oil and half beef and stir continously. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the beef is thoroughly done. Remove the beef from the pan, add the rest of the meat and repeat. Set the cooked beef aside on a separate plate.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil. Add red and yellow bell peppers. Stir continously for about 1 minute. Add the carrots,garlic,ginger,red onions and broccoli florets. Continue to stir until vegatables are tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until it forms a smooth paste. Add rice wine vinegar and the soy sauce to the pan. Slowly pour cornstatrch mixture into the pan and toss the ingredients to combine and thicken sauce. Add the cooked beef to the pan. Continue to toss all the ingredients until they are coated with the sauce.