Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
No one in our family guessed that black beans were hidden in these yummy healthy cookies!
Make and share this Healthy Beanutiful Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 250 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Process black beans with the milk in a food processor until well pureed.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Stir in honey, bean puree, egg and brandy extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking.
- powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ground flaxseed.
- Add to margarine mixture and stir until well mixed. Stir in chopped.
- pecans and raisins.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookies sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
Loved them! I love recipes that have unusual ingredients! No one guessed that there were black beans in these. I made exactly as written. The consistency was not like a cookie, more like a quick bread or muffin, but yummy nonetheless! Thanks! Iâ€™ll be making this again for sure!
A good way to sneak fiber into a treat. I also added some chocolate chips.
These are terrific and I'd change the name because without it, no one will have a clue about the black beans. The taste reminds me of pumpkin bread, believe it or not. My husband took a tray of these to the office and got lots of compliments. I guess this goes to show that anything with butter and sugar tastes yummy. Great job on a healthy creation with these ingredients and good luck in the contest!