Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
No one in our family guessed that black beans were hidden in these yummy healthy cookies!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 250 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Process black beans with the milk in a food processor until well pureed.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Stir in honey, bean puree, egg and brandy extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking.
- powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ground flaxseed.
- Add to margarine mixture and stir until well mixed. Stir in chopped.
- pecans and raisins.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookies sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
Loved them! I love recipes that have unusual ingredients! No one guessed that there were black beans in these. I made exactly as written. The consistency was not like a cookie, more like a quick bread or muffin, but yummy nonetheless! Thanks! Iâ€™ll be making this again for sure!
A good way to sneak fiber into a treat. I also added some chocolate chips.
These are terrific and I'd change the name because without it, no one will have a clue about the black beans. The taste reminds me of pumpkin bread, believe it or not. My husband took a tray of these to the office and got lots of compliments. I guess this goes to show that anything with butter and sugar tastes yummy. Great job on a healthy creation with these ingredients and good luck in the contest!