Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in Southern Living. Healthy and Mexican? Sounds good to me!
Make and share this Healthy Bean Chalupas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- reduced-fat sour cream
- Brown ground beef in a large deep skillet, stirring to crumble.
- Drain beef well, and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Return beef to skillet; stir in beans, chiles, and seasoning mix.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated.
- Press each tortilla into a tortilla shell pan or 1-quart oven-safe bowl.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Place on lettuce-lined serving plates.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly into shells; sprinkle with cheese and diced tomato.
- Serve with desired condiments.
Super good! I had plenty of leftovers and just mixed it all up in a bowl and it was good too
This was a very simple recipe and extremely delicious. I didn't have a tortilla shell pan so I fried the tortillas in coconut oil. It turned out great.