Recipe by Lolliie
No sugar, oil, salt etc - the filling only contains cooked mixed beans. I know it sounds quite bland, but I love the natural nutty flavour :)
- 7 g dry yeast
- 3 cups white flour
- 2 cups luke-warm water
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 3 cups beans, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in the water in a large bowl.
- Add flour gradually and continue mixing until a dough starts to form.
- Add some more flour if the dough still looks sticky, but don't knead.
- Leave it in the bowl to rise for approximately 20 min or when the dough has reached the top of the bowl.
- Knead the dough on a well floured surface until it becomes quite elastic - it's very sticky, but once you've worked with it it'll get easier.
- Divide dough into 18 pieces and roll them out approximately 2 cms thick.
- Mash the cooked beans/put them in the mixer - don't make them too mushy, there should still be some chunks left.
- TIPS: I put a small amount of all kinds of beans eg. kidney, borlotti, mung beans, black eyed peas etc.
- Put some of the paste in the middle of the dough and wrap the sides around it then form into a normal bun, or a Chinese 'dumpling' (baozi).
- Steam on high heat until you see steam coming out, then turn it down to medium heat and steam for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with your fav seasoning/jam etc. if you think the taste is too bland, & Enjoy!