Recipe by cowbells27
I have been trying to get more beans into my families diet because they are so good for you. We even like beans, but sometimes you feel like something different. I found a recipe online that was called Pork-n-Beans Cake. I thought it would be fun to try something like that, and this is what I came up with. My entire family loves these. You can't taste the beans. Really . They would easily make a nice cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Try them and ask people what the weird ingredient is, (they never know:) This makes a big batch. Feel free to add cranberries, raisins, or pecans...they taste great in these.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses (I use agave sweetener)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce (sugar free)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup multi-grain baking mix (I used Insta -Bake from Hodgson Mill)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 30 ounces pinto beans (drained and washed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins, or use paper cups.
- Grind up beans in a food processor until pretty smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients, until smooth.
- Fill muffin tins a little over 1/2 full, and bake for 15-20 minute.