Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 hrs
A low-fat alternative to the usual soft serve. An ice cream maker is not needed. Because of its thickness, I have found that the Greek yogurt "Fage" works best. Also, if you add the juice, it is not recommended that you also add the vanilla, and vise-versa.
- Put bananas in bowl and add lemon juice (this prevents the bananas from getting brown).
- Mix in sugar.
- Add milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla. Mix.
- Freeze until solid.
- Defrost mixture just enough to where you can get it out of the bowl and break it into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- The mixture should have a soft serve texture. Serve immediately.
- Note: You cannot store this ice cream.