Recipe by Parvulus
A low-fat alternative to the usual soft serve. An ice cream maker is not needed. Because of its thickness, I have found that the Greek yogurt "Fage" works best. Also, if you add the juice, it is not recommended that you also add the vanilla, and vise-versa.
- 2 1⁄2 ripe mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional) or 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bananas in bowl and add lemon juice (this prevents the bananas from getting brown).
- Mix in sugar.
- Add milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla. Mix.
- Freeze until solid.
- Defrost mixture just enough to where you can get it out of the bowl and break it into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- The mixture should have a soft serve texture. Serve immediately.
- Note: You cannot store this ice cream.