Recipe by BriarCraft
This is my own generic muffin recipe. Vary it by substituting different combinations of grated zucchini, carrot, or apple, and/or pumpkin puree, craisins or raisins totalling 2.5 to 3 cups of fruit; also substitute rolled oats or other whole grains for the nuts.
Top Review by Pardeemom
Good recipe. I got 19 regular size muffins from this recipe. I did alter it a bit. I used eggbeaters, 1/3 c. oil and 1/3 c. applesauce and I reduced the sugar to 3/4 c. I didn't add any walnuts either, I was trying to save calories. They are 3 WW pts each.
- 177.44 ml egg white (such as Egg Beaters or substitute 3 eggs)
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract (or other flavor)
- 709.77 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml bananas, mashed with
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (optional)
- 236.59 ml crushed pineapple, drained
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 4 ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in 5 dry ingredients just until moistened. Batter will be thick.
- Add bananas, pineapple, and nuts.
- Prepare muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and flour or use paper liners. Spoon batter into muffin cups until they are full or slightly more.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.