This is my own generic muffin recipe. Vary it by substituting different combinations of grated zucchini, carrot, or apple, and/or pumpkin puree, craisins or raisins totalling 2.5 to 3 cups of fruit; also substitute rolled oats or other whole grains for the nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup egg white (such as Egg Beaters or substitute 3 eggs)
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or other flavor)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed with
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Whisk first 4 ingredients until well blended.
- 2Stir in 5 dry ingredients just until moistened. Batter will be thick.
- 3Add bananas, pineapple, and nuts.
- 4Prepare muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and flour or use paper liners. Spoon batter into muffin cups until they are full or slightly more.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Banana-Pineapple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g