Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my own generic muffin recipe. Vary it by substituting different combinations of grated zucchini, carrot, or apple, and/or pumpkin puree, craisins or raisins totalling 2.5 to 3 cups of fruit; also substitute rolled oats or other whole grains for the nuts.
- 3⁄4 cup egg white (such as Egg Beaters or substitute 3 eggs)
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or other flavor)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed with
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Whisk first 4 ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in 5 dry ingredients just until moistened. Batter will be thick.
- Add bananas, pineapple, and nuts.
- Prepare muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and flour or use paper liners. Spoon batter into muffin cups until they are full or slightly more.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Good recipe. I got 19 regular size muffins from this recipe. I did alter it a bit. I used eggbeaters, 1/3 c. oil and 1/3 c. applesauce and I reduced the sugar to 3/4 c. I didn't add any walnuts either, I was trying to save calories. They are 3 WW pts each.
This recipe is really tasty!! I used the three eggs instead of the egg whites, omitted the lemon juice and nuts, and used the kamut and gluten free flour I had on hand. They turned out perfect!! I will definitely use this recipe to mix and match.