Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
Shockingly healthy, absolutely delicious, and easy too! Adapted from a recipe in 'Foods that Fight Disease'. Note: add more orange juice concentrate for more zing =]
Top Review by kcscott1
i've been looking for something like this in a healthy recipe - this is getting there but if you want to make it actually healthy, scrap the white flour and sugar, replace with more flax, honey and olive or coconut oil for the canola. canola is not only not healthy, it is downright UNhealthy. anyway, made this with the above substitutions and it turned out great - and healthy.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease and flour 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, flaxseed, baking powder, and baking soda.
- in a small bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil, vanilla, and orange juice concentrate.
- Mash banana and add to wet mixture, combining well.
- add wet ingrediants to dry (Dont over-mix!).
- pour batter into loaf pan.
- bake for 35 mins or until cooked through.
- upon choice, you can spread some additional orange juice concentrate on top of cooling loaf. (after you take it out of the oven).