1/2 Photos of Healthy Banana Orange Flax Bread (Low Fat)
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
Shockingly healthy, absolutely delicious, and easy too! Adapted from a recipe in 'Foods that Fight Disease'. Note: add more orange juice concentrate for more zing =]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Grease and flour 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, flaxseed, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 4in a small bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil, vanilla, and orange juice concentrate.
- 5Mash banana and add to wet mixture, combining well.
- 6add wet ingrediants to dry (Dont over-mix!).
- 7pour batter into loaf pan.
- 8bake for 35 mins or until cooked through.
- 9upon choice, you can spread some additional orange juice concentrate on top of cooling loaf. (after you take it out of the oven).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Banana Orange Flax Bread (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g