Recipe by ellie3763
from "Pesto Chango!" (adapted from Cooking Light) - http://pesto-chango.blogspot.com/2010/10/healthy-banana-oatmeal-muffins.html
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 18 muffin tins.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and beat well.
- Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir with a whisk. Add to sugar mixture and beat just until moist.
- Divide batter among greased muffin tins, and bake 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (This recipe may also be cooked in a 9x5-inch loaf pan for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350F).