Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is really good! Especially if you keep it in the refridgerator...I know that sounds strange but its true! It is moinst and yummy and a wonderful healthy breakfast bread...or for dessert
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together bananas, eggs, sugar, and apple sauce.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into greased 8x4 loaf pan or 12 cup muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and extra cinamon sugar mix.
- Bake loaf for 1 hour or muffins for 20 minutes.
- Then make more cause they'll be gone fast :).
I wish I would have gone with the most popular , instead of this one . To dense for me .To sweet .Nothing made it yummy , except the butter , I loaded on top to give me a reason not to throw it out .I almost gave some to my neighbors , but did not incase it was lousy , I don't do lousy , do not do lousy either ! Find another recipe.
Really good. I did 1/3 cup sugar, half whole wheat flour instead of all white flour and used a little more cinnamon. It took only about 50 minutes to cook in my oven. Thanks for the great recipe.