Recipe by trishaje8
Originally from Health Magazine, but I have made a few changes..which is what i've listed. These muffins are great cut in half, toasted with some peanut butter on them! Great balanced snack! I literally make them every week!!!
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine bananas and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla) in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Whisk together flour and next 6 ingredients (through flaxseed if used) in small bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
- Spray 12 muffin cups (for smaller muffins) or 9 muffin cups(for larger muffins) with cooking spray (or use paper liners) and spoon just about 1/4°C batter into each cup for 12 muffins.
- Sprinkle muffin batter with some chopped walnuts.
- Bake 18 minutes.