Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came about as a result of a new years resolution. Its very hard to find muffin recipes that are low in carbs, fat, and overall calories. We took a really great recipe for banana nut muffins and made changes to improve the overall flavor and make it much healthier. These muffins are easy to make and great for midday snacks when you get the muchies. ENJOY!
- 1 1⁄4 cups soy flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup crushed walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 very ripe bananas, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk milk, applesauce and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Mix in bananas.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups (if you don't use paper liners make sure you spray muffin pan with nonstick spray first).
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.