Top Review by Chaplain Wife
I halved this recipe this morning to get rid of some overly ripe bananas. LOVELY! The texture was good, the taste was wonderful. Perfect for a toddler, 9 month old and a picky husband. I see no need to tell them it was whole wheat and good for them. Lol. I did put butter on the pan instead of the spray, but I'm not counting calories. :D Good recipe.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 6 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 9 pureed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat at low speed until well blended.
- Coat regular size loaf pans with butter flavoured cooking spray.
- Fill 2 loaf pans evenly and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Take bread out of pans and put on cooling rack or eat when hot.