Cook1 hr 25 mins
This is the best Banana Nut Bread I have ever had and it is healthy for you. I used my Bread Maker but next time I am going to try and just bake it in a loaf pan. I am also going to try and use a little bit less sugar. I also used a unbleached white/multi-grain flour which I purchased at Costco. This recipe was adapted from another recipe on Recipezaar to be healthier. It is a good basic recipe that you can alter to create your own.
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (any kind)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Yoplait low fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana (about 2 or 3 depending on size)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped (or you can use pecans)
- Into baking pan measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add applesauce, eggs, yogurt, mashed bananas, vanilla and nuts.
- Insert pan securely into unit; close lid.
- Select "Quick Bread Cycle" setting (mine has an 85 minute cycle); press Start.
- The "Complete" light will flash when bread is done.
- Using hotpads, remove pan from unit and remove bread from pan.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.