Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are great for breakfast or a late night snack but it's hard to just eat one.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup cranberries
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 12-cup large muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until there are no lumps.
- Stir in oats and cranberries.
- Add oil, egg, milk, carrots and banana and stir until 2 minutes.
- Distribute batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
This was so good. I can't even tell it is healthy. Even my husband who hates bananas liked this.
Fantastic recipe! The muffins are moist and delicious. I used craisins instead of cranberries.
I'm not a good baker ... but these turned out really good!