This is a recipe I got out of my husband's collection, so I am unsure of its origin. I have made them a few times now and they are so delicious! They remind me of banana muffins somewhat and they are super simple to make! They make a great breakfast or snack.
- Grease and flour baking sheets.
- Process oats in blender or food processor at medium speed til finely ground. (about 1 minute).
- Combine oats, flour, wheat germ, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Use knives or pastry blender to cut in margarine until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Add bananas and orange juice to bowl and stir.
- Cover and chill dough for 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfulls 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let sit a couple of minutes to cool and set, then move them to racks to finish cooling completely.