Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is a recipe I got out of my husband's collection, so I am unsure of its origin. I have made them a few times now and they are so delicious! They remind me of banana muffins somewhat and they are super simple to make! They make a great breakfast or snack.
Top Review by nciner8
These are somewhere between banana bread and oatmeal cookies, and they are delicious! The flavors of oatmeal, orange juice and bananas blend and play very well together. I substituted flax seeds for the wheat germ, and put it in the food processor with the oatmeal. I also used wheat flour instead of white.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 large bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour baking sheets.
- Process oats in blender or food processor at medium speed til finely ground. (about 1 minute).
- Combine oats, flour, wheat germ, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Use knives or pastry blender to cut in margarine until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Add bananas and orange juice to bowl and stir.
- Cover and chill dough for 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfulls 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let sit a couple of minutes to cool and set, then move them to racks to finish cooling completely.