1/1 Photo of Healthy Banana Chocolate Granola Bars
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
Note: I haven't yet tried these toasting the first 3 ingrediants, but I thought judging by my last batch it would add crisp. These are yummy granola bars, and not like the expensive ones you buy at the store! Inexpensive, quick, and healthy= Perfect!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crunchy dried bananas (banana chips)
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini kind (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a loaf pan.
- 2In a large frying pan on medium heat, Toast the oats, rice krispies, and walnuts (if using), one ingrediant at a time, until darker in colour and pungent. Remove from heat.
- 3Combine oats, cereal, banana chips, chocolate chips, walnuts, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Combine peanut putter, vanilla, skim milk and sugar in a small bowl and microwave for 25 seconds then stir again until smooth, adding in the egg white.
- 5Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture until dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- 6Firmly firmly firmly press mixture in prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes until firm. Remove from oven, alow to completly cool, and refrigerate for a couple of hours (or overnight). Take out and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Banana Chocolate Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g