1/1 Photo of Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe originally came from Guideposts magazine. I first got to try the result at my mother's house this summer and loved it! Unfortunately, when I got home, I couldn't seem to find the recipe anywhere online. My mom sent me the recipe so now I can make them anytime I want to (and that's pretty often!) Normally I don't re-post recipes that are not personal, but this is an exception as I don't want to lose it and I think others may be having trouble finding it as well! Please note that I have not tried to make this myself yet, so I'm taking these instructions on faith. I will update them if I think they need changing once I've tried this on my own. A couple of quick notes: If you have large muffin pans, this will make 12 large muffins plus 6 smaller (regular) muffins. The listed yield is for regular muffins only. You can also easily do this in a loaf pan if preferred. The recipe also states that you can cut the sugar and chocolate chips in half if you find the recipe too sweet - it will not cause problems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set out your muffin pans. Grease them or place muffin papers inside depending on your preference.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
- 4In another bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
- 5Add the sour cream and baking soda mixture to the creamed ingredients and mix well.
- 6Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- 7Fill each muffin cup about halfway full.
- 8Bake for 18-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Check at 18 minutes and keep checking every 3 minutes to ensure that they do not burn.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 242.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g