Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you are looking for lowfat, low sugar and healthy this is the recipe for you!
- 2 cups bananas (mashed)
- 24 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or sweetnlow)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and powder; set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs, applesauce & vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add mashed banana & walnuts; stir to combine.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture & stir well.
- Pour evenly into prepared loaf pans;
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until loaves test done with toothpick.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans onto wire rack to cool completely.
- *note:loaves freeze well.
This was awesome, I did a lot of banana bread research to find a recipe that I could not only adapt to my diet but was also lowfat and this was perfect! I substituted the sugar for agave syrup, and the white flour for oat flour, and I actually omitted the raisins and it was still wonderful, my whole family enjoyed it. Thanks for posting, this is a definite keeper.