Recipe by Lyss the nutritionist
This delicious and healthy version of baked oatmeal can either have mashed bananas or apple sauce which naturally sweeten it. It has the consistency of a giant soft chewy oatmeal cookie bar!
Top Review by Nichola M
Nice change from regular oatmeal; I like the texture. I mixed it up the night before and baked it in the morning. Easy. I used skim milk, added 1/4 c milled flaxseed and 1/4 tsp salt. My kids really liked it, since it "tastes like a cookie"! Thanks!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (or 1 mashed banana)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add rest of the ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes in a greased glass 9 x 12 pan
- Serve warm and it is delicious topped with milk and bananas or with yogurt, berries, and other fruit.