1/1 Photo of Healthy Baked Mostaccioli
I adapted this from the April/may 08 issue of Healthy Cooking. For a lowfat recipe, this is surprisingly satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese (16 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the turkey and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink;drain if necessary.
- 2Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and marjoram; set aside.
- 4Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into an 9"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Layer with remaining mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until bublby and heated through.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Baked Mostaccioli
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 851.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 30.3 g