Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I adapted this from the April/may 08 issue of Healthy Cooking. For a lowfat recipe, this is surprisingly satisfying.
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese (16 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the turkey and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink;drain if necessary.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and marjoram; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into an 9"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Layer with remaining mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until bublby and heated through.
Hi i was just about to post this recipe until I searched and found you posted it....it is a great tasty meal and easy to prep....MMMM!!!
This was sooo excellent! I put the recipe in the hands of my non-cooking hubby, and it came out fantastic! We used 1/2 lb veggie crumbles instead of turkey, 2 tsp oregano, and pecorino romano for parmesan, and I swear, this tasted like a super-delicious baked ziti! Very easy to prepare, and very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing!