Recipe by Queenkungfu
Another recipe from the Green Mountain at Fox Run.
Top Review by Kenzington
This is great!! I marinated some chicken breasts in Teriyaki (sp?) sauce and grilled them and served the salad with some chunked up chicken and garnished with sliced almonds. I also added green onion to the mix. This is a keeper! Thanks!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped if desired
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cabbage, carrot, spinach and parsley in large bowl. Mix or shake vinegars, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and gingerroot. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To serve, stir in salt and pepper; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- To toast sesame seed, bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350° oven 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.