Recipe by likethebird
Ginger, soy and pineapple come together to make a delicious, craving-satisfying marinade for Ahi tuna steaks. Plate on top of green beans and top with grilled pineapple for a complete, healthy (high protein, low fat) meal. This recipe comes together so quickly for a tasty weeknight meal.
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- sriracha sauce (to taste)
- 4 ahi tuna steaks (6 oz each)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
- 4 pineapple slices
- cracked pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium high heat.
- Combine first five ingredients to make the marinade. I love Sriracha, but add slowly, because it is HOT!
- Sprinkle Ahi tuna steaks with cracked pepper. Spray grill with non-stick spray. Grill each steak for 3-4 minutes each side (for a rare to med rare finish). While cooking, brush each side with marinade.
- Towards the end of the grilling time, add pineapple slices and grill each side for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate frying pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil, a splash of the marinade and 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar. Add green beans and stir fry (7-8 minutes).
- Plate the tuna steaks on top of 1/4 of cooked green beans. Top each steak with a pineapple slice.
- Serve with a swirl of Sriracha on each plate and extra marinade on the side for dipping.