Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These pancakes freeze very well! Make them small for toddlers to hold or larger for the rest of the family. I like to use flavored (blueberry, strawberry, etc) applesauce without any added sugar. If you use a flavored applesauce, you may omit the vanilla flavoring. The flavors are great so that there is no need for syrup! This recipe is adapted from www.wholesometoddlerfood.com
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, milk and egg.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla (unless using flavored applesauce) and applesauce; beat well.
- Spoon batter into a hot, well greased griddle.
I didn't add the milk to mine, they turned out great.
I created an account just to write this review. Don't waste your time. I wasted mine and my hungry baby's plus the ingredients. I cooked and cooked and cooked these and they stayed gooey in the middle. I even cut them into bite sized pieces and they still wouldn't cook!
These would not cook through - I even tried silver dollar size at a lower temp (which took forever) but still gooey and undercooked. All went in the trash. Very disappointing.