These pancakes freeze very well! Make them small for toddlers to hold or larger for the rest of the family. I like to use flavored (blueberry, strawberry, etc) applesauce without any added sugar. If you use a flavored applesauce, you may omit the vanilla flavoring. The flavors are great so that there is no need for syrup! This recipe is adapted from www.wholesometoddlerfood.com
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, milk and egg.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla (unless using flavored applesauce) and applesauce; beat well.
- Spoon batter into a hot, well greased griddle.