Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My own revision of my favorite banana bread recipe originally found on Recipezaar. Healthy enough to have as a breakfast food!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bananas in a food processor and puree.
- Stir in sugar and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add applesauce and eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chop the walnuts and stir into the batter.
- Pour into a lightly greased and then dusted with flour 8x8 pyrex casserole dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan, cool on wire rack.
A good solid recipe. It tastes wonderful. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough bananas, so the bread came out a little dry. It makes great b'fast toast with a "little" butter! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Catherine. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.