1/1 Photo of Healthy Apple Walnut Muffins With Flax Seed
Shelby, the wannabe chef's Note:
I love these!!! AND they're healthy! Really, they are! They smell so good, and the taste is so wonderful. Try them and see for yourself :] However, this is obviously more of a healthy muffin, and therefor not likely to be sugary, but feel free to add more sugar if wanted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon morton lite salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar (Less for healthier muffins)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup soymilk or 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (more if you want)
- 1 large apple, diced (more if you want)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grind the flax seed to a course powder using a blender or coffee grinder.
- 3In a bowl, sift together both flours, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir in flax seed powder. Set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat together the egg whites with the oil and milk. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Then stir apples and walnuts into the batter.
- 5Fill oiled muffin tin 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Apple Walnut Muffins With Flax Seed
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g