I love these!!! AND they're healthy! Really, they are! They smell so good, and the taste is so wonderful. Try them and see for yourself :] However, this is obviously more of a healthy muffin, and therefor not likely to be sugary, but feel free to add more sugar if wanted.
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (Less for healthier muffins)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (more if you want)
- 1 large apple, diced (more if you want)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grind the flax seed to a course powder using a blender or coffee grinder.
- In a bowl, sift together both flours, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir in flax seed powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg whites with the oil and milk. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Then stir apples and walnuts into the batter.
- Fill oiled muffin tin 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes.