Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If your like me, & don't particularly like turkey, but want to eat healthy, this is a good way to have turkey without reminiscing about beef. The Granny Smith apple gives the turkey a little... 'zang' (Heh, couldn't think of a word...) to the typical dry taste of extra lean meat. Truthfully, though, this recipe is a little hard to make, as it's hard to get the turkey & apple into a breakfast patty. You can also add whatever spices to want.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 granny smith apple, cubed (Or whatever variety you have on hand, though G.S. is best)
- If you haven't already, cut apple up.
- Mix apple, ground turkey, & your spices in a medium bowl.
- If possible, refrigerate mixture overnight to let turkey better absorb the spices.
- Roll a ball of the mixture, and flatten into a pattie of whatever size you want. (4 large patties, 8 small patties -- ).
- Grill as needed. (For me, I did about 5 minutes on each side.) Serve.