Shelby, the wannabe chef's Note:
If your like me, & don't particularly like turkey, but want to eat healthy, this is a good way to have turkey without reminiscing about beef. The Granny Smith apple gives the turkey a little... 'zang' (Heh, couldn't think of a word...) to the typical dry taste of extra lean meat. Truthfully, though, this recipe is a little hard to make, as it's hard to get the turkey & apple into a breakfast patty. You can also add whatever spices to want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you haven't already, cut apple up.
- 2Mix apple, ground turkey, & your spices in a medium bowl.
- 3If possible, refrigerate mixture overnight to let turkey better absorb the spices.
- 4Roll a ball of the mixture, and flatten into a pattie of whatever size you want. (4 large patties, 8 small patties -- ).
- 5Grill as needed. (For me, I did about 5 minutes on each side.) Serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Apple Turkey Breakfast Patties
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g