Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variant on a favourite combination of mine that seemed like a good idea at the time :) Delicious!
- 135 g nonfat plain yogurt (about 1/2 a cup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons applesauce
- 1⁄3 piece shortbread cookie (roughly crushed)
- 2 teaspoons granulated artificial sweetener, to taste
- 4 drops vanilla flavoring, to taste
- 1 dash cinnamon, to taste
- Measure yoghurt into a clean, used individual yoghurt tub or other small plastic tub. (I suggest plastic because it will keep the cold yoghurt cold).
- Add a few of drops of vanilla flavouring.
- Add a couple of teaspoons sweetener to taste. Please don't use sugar unless preparing and chilling well in advance and holding back the shortbread (to save it going soggy) because the sugar will take ages to dissolve.
- Add the roughly crushed piece of shortbread/shortcake cookie. (Around a teaspoonful is about right.).
- Add a generous teaspoon and a half of a nice chunky applesauce.
- Sprinkle a generous dash of ground cinnamon.
- Stir well.
- For a delicious ultra-healthy variant, substitute half a teaspoon oat bran for the the shortbread.
- Can be made very quickly into a larger bowl in bigger quantities for several servings.