Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
I used to make these all the time when my daughter was little, for birthday parties I would add 100g (4oz) of chopped chocolate and mix into the dough.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (if using dry yeast, let stand for 10 minutes till it starts foaming at the top. Add salt, sugar, yoghurt, egg whites or whole egg, oats, shredded apples and about ¾ of the flour.
- Knead well, adding the rest af the flour little by little till you have a soft pliable dough, that is still just a little sticky.
- Cover with a wet dishtowel and leave to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Punch dough down, and pour onto a slightly flourered surface.
- Divide into 12 pieces and shape into rolls.
- Turn the dough inside-out, by tucking the edges down under and into the bottom of the roll, do this all the way round and the top of you roll with be completely smooth.
- Place on baking sheet dusted with flour, or onto parchment paper.
- Cover again with damp dishtowel, and let rise another 30-45 minutes.
- Turn oven to 400 F or 200°C.
- Optional: brush top of rolls with milk or water and sprinkle with poppy seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.