2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Benthe (Danish)'s Note:
I used to make these all the time when my daughter was little, for birthday parties I would add 100g (4oz) of chopped chocolate and mix into the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water (if using dry yeast, let stand for 10 minutes till it starts foaming at the top. Add salt, sugar, yoghurt, egg whites or whole egg, oats, shredded apples and about ¾ of the flour.
- 2Knead well, adding the rest af the flour little by little till you have a soft pliable dough, that is still just a little sticky.
- 3Cover with a wet dishtowel and leave to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- 4Punch dough down, and pour onto a slightly flourered surface.
- 5Divide into 12 pieces and shape into rolls.
- 6Turn the dough inside-out, by tucking the edges down under and into the bottom of the roll, do this all the way round and the top of you roll with be completely smooth.
- 7Place on baking sheet dusted with flour, or onto parchment paper.
- 8Cover again with damp dishtowel, and let rise another 30-45 minutes.
- 9Turn oven to 400 F or 200°C.
- 10Optional: brush top of rolls with milk or water and sprinkle with poppy seeds or sunflower seeds.
- 11Bake 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Apple Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 407.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g