Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are super moist delicious healthy muffins my son loves them. I use frozen apples.
- 2 cups apples, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Toss apple with Splenda set aside.
- Whisk egg, applesauce, & vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Add apple mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Batke at 325 for 25-30 minutes.
this is a great simple healthy recipe! instead of splenda i used 1/3 cup organic cane sugar, i also used about 1/2 cup extra apples (frozen gala slices) and no nuts or raisins this time. mine were done perfectly at 22 mins. Moist and yummy!
I loved these! I added a little more than 2 cups apples, which might be too much for some people, but it was just the perfect amount for me. I used all whole wheat flour. I skipped the nuts this time, but will add them next time. Great little gems!
I just finished making these, and they are amazing! I used regular sugar in place of the Splenda, and oat flour instead of whole wheat. I also decreased the salt to 1/4 t, and I added walnuts and raisins. I think that next time I will try using 1/4 c brown sugar and 1/4 c white to give it a slightly different flavor. Thanks, Mamawolfe!