Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've reduced the amount of sugar and fat in this traditional apple crisp recipe.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (or white flour)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons fleishman's olive oil spread, you could use butter (or other healthy butter-like spread (not the kind with added water)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Dice your apples and put them in the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, except for the honey and cooking spray. I start with a spoon and then use my fingers to get that butter mixed in thoroughly.
- Spread the above mixture on top of the apples.
- Spray with cooking spray and drizzle with honey.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
I added a little extra cinnamon as well as vanilla, it didn't last the night.