Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My version of a very healthy high protein, low sugar, high fiber snack/energy bar. Only good carbs and a low glycemic index. This bar is very tasty and filling! I also want to stress that this is a LOW sugar item. If you are looking for something that is very sweet, like my first reviewer, you may want to add more sugar or splenda. This is personal preference as I do not like things too sweet.
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (regular or quick)
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 10 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (more optional)
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, other spices, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt .
- Mix eggs, milk, apple sauce, vanilla, and protein powder together until well mixed.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 for 60 minutes.
- Serve hot or cooled in bars.