1 hr 10 mins
TaterBug! :)'s Note:
My version of a very healthy high protein, low sugar, high fiber snack/energy bar. Only good carbs and a low glycemic index. This bar is very tasty and filling! I also want to stress that this is a LOW sugar item. If you are looking for something that is very sweet, like my first reviewer, you may want to add more sugar or splenda. This is personal preference as I do not like things too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal (regular or quick)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 10 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (more optional)
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 335 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl combine oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, other spices, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt .
- 3Mix eggs, milk, apple sauce, vanilla, and protein powder together until well mixed.
- 4Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- 5Pour into greased casserole dish.
- 6Bake at 325 for 60 minutes.
- 7Serve hot or cooled in bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 772.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute