Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious twist on plain old oatmeal. Flavorful and hearty to please everyone in the family! Whole, old-fashioned oats are used.
- Place milk, water and salt in saucepan.
- Chop apple into small, thin chunks. Add it and the dried fruit to the milk mixture.
- Heat the mixture on medium until boiling or near boiling.
- Add oats and cinnamon and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally. If desired, also add honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- When oatmeal is cooked, add vanilla.
Such a perfect way to start the day. It's been so cold out and this really hit the spot. I like that it was cooked with milk and water and not just water. I halved the recipe for two, but used a whole apple, 1/4 cup of raisins and toasted walnuts and topped with a little maple syrup. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Woke up on a snowy Saturday morning with no eggs and only a 1/4 cup of skim milk in the house...I did however have a can of 2%evaporated milk ! This was a great recipe-warm and comforting as much as tasty!
Very good!!. Used apple juice instead of water. Added a bit of nutmeg and ginger. Cooked on micro.