Recipe by Lalaloula
These are moist, yummy muffins without all the fat and calories. I came up with this recipe when craving something sweet but not too much on the unhealthy side. They are quick and easy to make as well.
Top Review by **Mandy**
These were really tasty and a hit with my 5 year old, love the fact that they're healthy & full of goodness and they stay nice & moist for quite a few days. Thanks for posting!
- 120 g carrots (1 small)
- 110 g zucchini (1 small)
- 220 g apples (1 big)
- 50 g flour
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 20 g ground hazelnuts
- 30 g oats
- 60 g sugar beet molasses (or honey alternatively)
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl grate zucchini/courgette and carrot. Cut the apple into small chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- In another bowl cream the egg and molasses with a pinch of salt. Add the grated veggies, oats and grated hazelnuts.
- Mix baking powder and flours and add to the egg mixture. Stirr until just combined.
- Now fold in the apples and pour batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.