Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are moist, yummy muffins without all the fat and calories. I came up with this recipe when craving something sweet but not too much on the unhealthy side. They are quick and easy to make as well.
- 120 g carrots (1 small)
- 110 g zucchini (1 small)
- 220 g apples (1 big)
- 50 g flour
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 20 g ground hazelnuts
- 30 g oats
- 60 g sugar beet molasses (or honey alternatively)
- 1 egg
- In a bowl grate zucchini/courgette and carrot. Cut the apple into small chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- In another bowl cream the egg and molasses with a pinch of salt. Add the grated veggies, oats and grated hazelnuts.
- Mix baking powder and flours and add to the egg mixture. Stirr until just combined.
- Now fold in the apples and pour batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
These were really tasty and a hit with my 5 year old, love the fact that they're healthy & full of goodness and they stay nice & moist for quite a few days. Thanks for posting!
These had a wonderful flavor. I loved all the healthy ingredients. Thanks for posting. I really liked the molassas. Thanks for posting.
It's difficult for me to give stars to this recipe because I'm not sure that they turned out the way they are supposed to. The single thing I changed was to use no sugar added maple syrup in place of the molasses or honey and that might have made a real difference. The muffins that I got turned out to have a beautiful flavor there was no "muffin", just enough flour to hold the apple and veggies together. I made the recipe for 6 muffins.