Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my sister-in-law's recipe. It's quick and easy to throw together in the morning. I always use chunky apple sauce in place of the chopped apple.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large apple, chopped finely (or use 1 cup chunky apple sauce)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- Mix together first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 350 for 15 minutes.
This was one of the worst muffin recipes I have ever made! It never cooked fully in the middle even cooking it 20min longer than the given time. The edges were hard as a rock and still uncooked in the middle. There is something wrong here. Maybe not enough flour? IDK but get another recipe.
Great!!!! Not too sweet. Just the right amout of sugar. My family loved them! I will absolutely be making them again.
A good muffin for breaky. I used 1 apple. I also used smooth apple sauce for the oil and I added some walnuts. Will make again.