Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are healthy (specially low calorie) that provide that moisture, aroma, and sweet taste of honey cereal all in one bite.
- 1 cup honey-nut flavor toasted oat cereal (Kellogg's Honey and Toasted Almond and Oats)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 apples
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place cereal in a mixing bowl; add milk, egg, and sugar.
- Mix,and allow to stand for 5 minutes at least.
- Cut the 1 large apple into tiny cubes, and shred the 1/4th of another.
- Mix with margarine.
- Stir in to a bowl with the cereal mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix with the milk and egg mixture.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tray that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray, or greased.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 350°F.
Delicious! The recipe doesn't say when to add the flour, so I almost forgot (I'm no chef). Added it at the end and they came out perfect.
This is really wonderful recipe. Thanks.