1/1 Photo of Healthy Angel Biscuits
Mom's recipe slightly altered to be a little bit better for you and still taste just as good...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (can purchase at well stocked grocery stores or directly from King Arthur Flour Co)
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar (if using sugar free soy milk, add one more tablespoon)
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening (Spectrum is a good brand)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Mix the vinegar with the soy milk and set aside.
- 2Combine all dry ingredients.
- 3Cut in shortening.
- 4Make well in center and pour in soymilk and water and incorporate into mixture until dough forms.
- 5Gently knead dough for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- 6Roll out dough and cut circles. Fold circles in half and place on greased baking sheet.
- 7Bake at 400 F for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden on top.
- 8Serve with butter or Margarine (like Earth Balance) and jam and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Angel Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g