Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the cutest recipe I picked out from "Healthy and Happy"; a magazine that was there at Walmart -compliments of Walmart. I'm collecting baby magazines for my best friend, Vadivu, who is expecting her first child this year in June. Hence, I'm dedicating this nutritious salad to her with a prayer for her delivery to be easy and smooth and for her to have a healthy, happy and very lucky baby/baba:-) The carrots as you know, are a healthy source of Vitamin A which is necessary for healthy eyes, yogurt provides your baby with calcium for healthy teeth and bones, and, raisins are full of iron!
- 2 fresh carrots, washed and peeled
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- raisins, as required
- Save a few long shavings of the carrots when you peel them.
- These savings will later be used later as"hair" in the fun salad that we're making.
- Now, using a grater, start grating the carrots.
- Remember that since you are making this for a baby, you must grate carrots in such a way that you get small strips.
- This way you will be preventing a choking hazard.
- Please DO NOT cut small round pieces of the carrots.
- Pour the pineapple into a strainer.
- Use the back of a spoon to push the juice out of the strainer.
- Combine the grated carrots, crushed pineapple and vanilla yogurt.
- Put a mound of this mixture on a plate.
- Then, gently place raisins on this mound (which is the face of the salad we're making) to make eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Please note that if your child is below three years of age he/she does not have molars,and so he/she cannot eat raisins.
- So, please do not use raisins.
- Instead, use blueberries or raspberries or peas or mandarine orange sections.
- Now, put the rolled-up carrot shavings you had saved earlier for hair.
- Get ready now!
- Put on the bib for your angel and serve him this salad with mummy's loving hands!
- Enjoy little one!