Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine, its very simple but yummy and very healthy! Other ingredients that go well in the salad are hard boiled eggs, snow peas, boiled potatoes, or anything else you like!
- 250 g green beans
- 200 g broccoli
- 1 (250 g) packet bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 (425 g) can baby sweet corn cobs, drained, halved lengthways (or fresh)
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 200 g grape tomatoes, halved
For the peanut sauce
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 (165 ml) can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Blanch beans and broccoli, drain.
- For the peanut sauce put the peanuts in a pan and stirr frequently while cooking until browned.
- Blend or process nuts, sweet chili sauce and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add remaining peanut sauce ingredients and blend until combined.
- Add beans, broccoli, sprouts, corn, tuna and tomatoes to a large bowl and mix.
- Serve salad with peanut sauce and if you have any peanuts left over sprinkle them over the top.