Recipe by Denise J
Although traditional Mongolian beef recipes usually do not include vegetables, I wanted to make a healthier version of this dish. The entire family just loved this lighter version, even the children!
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great recipe. It's an easy, quick stir fry and loved the flavors. I used garlic pepper sauce for the black bean and NY strip for the meat. The meat was so tender and nice. Served with rice.
- 453.59 g flank steak
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 236.59 ml snow peas
- 236.59 ml Broccolini, tops
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 14.79 ml grated gingerroot
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 59.14 ml light soy sauce or 0 tamari
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml black bean garlic sauce (available at Asian specialty grocery stores and the Asian section of some larger grocery stores)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the flank steak in wrap and freeze for 1 hour to make slicing easier. Then, slice into 1/4 inch strips. Toss with cornstarch and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by combining Hoisin sauce, Soy Sauce, brown sugar and Bean sauce. Feel free to add more soy for a saltier sauce, more brown sugar for a sweeter sauce, or more bean and garlic sauce for a more savory sauce. This is your dinner ~ don't be afraid to change it a bit :-).
- Stir fry the veggies and ginger in 1 T canola until just cooked through but still firm. Remove from pan and set aside. Then add the remaining canola oil and stir fry the beef over high heat until browned, about 4 minutes or so. Return veggies to pan, and add sauce and cook for about 1 minute longer.
- Serve over white rice.