Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Diner worthy hotcakes. Serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh or frozen berries.
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together first six ingredients.
- Add in water, oil/applesauce and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour ½ cup fulls onto medium heated skillet. When edges are set, slide spatula under and flip pancake. Continue to cook until set, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh or frozen berries.
Very easy to make and only made 4 pancakes which i really liked. I dislike it when a recipe say 4 and there is 8. A little too much cinnamon for me but i have real cinnamon. I also used applesauce instead of oil. I will make these again.
Mmmm, the pancakes are really, really good! They are fluffy, thick and yummy! The taste is somewhat nutty and cinnamony with just a hint of the vanilla. We all enjoyed this very much! They aren't sweet themselves, but served with fresh fruit and syrup they are great! Also, we enjoyed them savoury, spread with herbed cream cheese. YUM! I used the applesauce instead of oil and it worked out nicely. Other than using less baking powder (only 1ts) I stuck to the recipe and was rewarded with a yummy, healthy and nutritious breakkie. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, *Mrs. Muffins*! Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Fall 09.