Recipe by Mrs. Muffins
Diner worthy hotcakes. Serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh or frozen berries.
Top Review by ginwithtonic
Very easy to make and only made 4 pancakes which i really liked. I dislike it when a recipe say 4 and there is 8. A little too much cinnamon for me but i have real cinnamon. I also used applesauce instead of oil. I will make these again.
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together first six ingredients.
- Add in water, oil/applesauce and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour ½ cup fulls onto medium heated skillet. When edges are set, slide spatula under and flip pancake. Continue to cook until set, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with sugar-free syrup and fresh or frozen berries.