Recipe by rubyduby193
Why choose between sweet and healthy? *You can add 1/4 or 1/8 cup of whole wheat flour or subsitute white flour with whole wheat flour. **You can subsitute the egg with 2 egg whites or go egg-less and add 3-4 tablespoons of milk. ***I like my pancakes with a lot of vanilla so I use I tablespoon (it's up to you). ****Use 3/4 tablespoon if you don't want as much cinnamon. (Only 88 calories each!).
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups low-fat milk or 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients together until combined. Then add in each wet ingredient. Spray your skillet with non stick spray or butter. Preheat your skillet or griddle to medium or 375 degrees (F). Scoop 1/4 of batter for each pancake to make 12 medium sized pancakes. Let pancake cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to appear. Then flip the pancake and let that side cook for 30 sec-1 minute. Do that for the rest of the batter. Then serve and enjoy this healthy yet yummy breakfast or dessert item.