Recipe by Experimental.Cooker
I came up with this concoction one day when I was craving eggs and tuna and hand no mayo. So, in order to create the consistency desired to hold the tuna together I decided to add the yolk of a sunny-side up egg. The result was delicious and healthier than traditional tuna & mayo sandwiches! I have also tried this recipe with my brother and his buds agreed! I hope your taste buds will enjoy it as much as mine did! For a lighter meal, skip the bread and place tuna over a bed of lettuce!
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into rounds
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1 cooked egg, sunny side up
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Open can and drain tuna. Place in a small bowl.
- Cook egg sunny-side up style. Make sure not to over cook yolk.
- Combine cooked egg with tuna. Using a fork, pop the egg yolk and cut up egg white. Mix well till yolk is evenly distributed.
- Add in olive oil, onion, basil, salt and pepper.
- Spread tuna over one slice of bread, place tomato rounds and leaf lettuce on top and then the other slice.
- Bite into it and enjoy!