1/1 Photo of Healthy Alternative Buttermilk Pancakes
These pancakes forgo the white flour, sugar, and oil with healthy substitutes. So good, the hubby won't even know the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together dry ingredients.
- 2In a separate bowl lightly beat together egg, buttermilk, and apple butter (prune puree may be substituted for any pureed fruit or fat replacement product).
- 3Mix dry and wet together.
- 4Let stand a few minutes for oat bran to absorb the liquid. Preheat griddle to medium high.
- 5Spray with non-stick spray, scoop about 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle. Optionally, add fresh fruit such as bananas or blueberries to pancake at this point. When starts to bubble, flip and cook a minute more.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Alternative Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 686.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: