Recipe by VickiVSN
These pancakes forgo the white flour, sugar, and oil with healthy substitutes. So good, the hubby won't even know the difference.
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons prune puree
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat together egg, buttermilk, and apple butter (prune puree may be substituted for any pureed fruit or fat replacement product).
- Mix dry and wet together.
- Let stand a few minutes for oat bran to absorb the liquid. Preheat griddle to medium high.
- Spray with non-stick spray, scoop about 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle. Optionally, add fresh fruit such as bananas or blueberries to pancake at this point. When starts to bubble, flip and cook a minute more.